1. The Holy Qur’an
The Holy Qur’an is our fundamental standard when selecting items.
2. Preferred Halal Certification Bodies (CBs)
There are many CBs across the world, but we have a preference for the 7 CBs listed below.
-JAKIM, MUI, MUIS, CICOT, IFANCA, JHA, NAHA, Islamic center of Japan
3. “MUSO Muslim friendly food”
As Japan is not a Muslim nation, we consider Japanese groceries with the conditions listed below to be “MUSO Muslim friendly food”.
Pork free and alcohol free (for raw ingredients).
- However, we DO NOT eliminate the ingredients below.
-Sugar and sweeteners. (Any type of filtrational substance is acceptable)
-Yeast essence, if the yeast does not cause alcoholic fermentation such as bread yeast and torula yeast.
- Rice vinegar is considered as a Haram substance in this category.
- Manufactured in different lines from Haram food.
- No chemical artificial food additives such as amino acid.
- Non Genetically Modified Organisms only
- Manufactured in a secure and clean factory.
- Transparency and traceability of every ingredient to the third level.
- No radioactive substances such as cesium134, cesium137
(MUSO Ltd., http://muso.co.jp/journal/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/toriatukaikijun_20120507.pdf, 2012)
-MUSO checks every item which is manufactured in the prefectures below, or which is made of the ingredients harvested in the area.
(The prefectures: Aichi, Shizuoka, Nagano, Yamanashi, Saitama, Kanagawa, Tokyo, Gunma, Niigata, Chiba, Ibaraki, Tochigi, Miyagi, Yamagata, Iwate, Akita, Aomori, and Fukushima.)
4. “MUSO Premium Halal Food”
We recommend items that have Halal certification and fulfill the requirements we set as “MUSO Premium Halal Food”.
5. The merchandise department and the Halal management staff are responsible for the selection of items.
6. Standards will be amended if necessary.