Payment & Shipping Guide
How to Order
[ Order from Web pages ]
Feel free to browse Macrobiotic Asia at your own pace, and place your order via our shopping cart system. Rest assured that any information you enter when placing a order will be transmitted securely by SSL ciphered communication.
If you register as a member, you can don’t have to input your personal information next time you visit. You also get 500 points (worth 500 JPY) you can use for shopping!
[ Order via FAX ]
It is also possible to order by fax. You can download the FAX ordering form here. Make sure you enter your e-mail address, as we do not send our order confirmation via FAX.
[ Transportation ]
We normally ship all our orders by EMS, which is a traceable, insured, fast, and relatively cheap international mail service operated by the Japan Post Service.
EMS is only available for packages up to 30 kg. Please divide into separate orders if total weight is over 30kg. Please be aware that delivery quality via EMS can be poor in some countries.
If you prefer to use a different carrier such as FEDEX, UPS, DHL, etc., please provide your personal account number that you have registered with the respective carrier. If you do not have an account number, please contact the carrier you would like to use.
- *Orders within Japan are shipped by Yamato Transport.
[ Available destinations for EMS delivery ]
[ Shipping Cost ]
- *By EMS:
- If you choose EMS your shipping cost will be automatically calculated. You can check your EMS shipping cost at the "Verify your order" page on Step 3 of the order process. Choose your payment method and your delivery address on Step 2, and press the continue button to see the shipping cost.
Please note: An automatic shipping cost system, which utilizes the Japan EMS freight chart, is used to give the freight cost for your order. The actual shipping cost may vary slightly depending on the packing materials being used. However, you will only be charged the EXACT amount that you approved so you will NOT be charged more, nor will you receive a refund,if the actual shipping cost is more or less than the approved amount. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
- *By DHL/UPS/FEDEX or other carrier:
- Please note that the shipping fee for DHL/UPS/FEDEX/varies depending on your arrangement with that particular carrier.
- You are required to pay the shipping cost to the respective carrier when you receive the package (Pay on delivery).
- We will dispatch the package once you have provided us with your personal account number for your courier.
- To obtain the shipping cost before dispatch, upon your request we can give you the product/s weight EXCLUDING the courier's shipping documentation. You can then obtain a shipping cost estimation from your preferred courier.
- Refer to the official homepage of your preferred carrier for cost and delivery times. Please note: A shipping cost estimation from the homepage of the courier is only an estimate and that you may be asked to pay a different price as well as handling fees, etc.
- Please contact your preferred carrier if you require more information about their services.
*Shipping cost inside Japan
Shipping charges are:
- 600JPY for orders up to 10,000JPY
- free for orders over 10,000JPY
Your shipping cost will be automatically calculated. You can check your shipping cost at the "Verify your order" page on Step 3 of the order process. Choose your payment method and your delivery address on Step 2, and press the continue button to see the shipping cost.
[ Estimated number of days required for delivery ]
After placing your order, 3 days are required before the shipping company receives your ordered product from us. And once your ordered product is delivered to the shipping company, you can not change or cancel your order.
The total delivery time varies from country to country.
You can pay by a Bank Transfer, Credit Card (through PayPal), International Postal Money Order, or Alipay.
For orders within Japan you can pay by Cash on Delivery (no commission required), Bank Transfer, Credit Card (through PayPal), or Payment Slip.
[ Bank Transfer ]
|Bank Name:||MIZUHO BANK, LTD.|
|Bank Branch Code:||430|
|Bank Branch Address:||20 NAGINATABOKOCHO, KARASUMA-HIGASHIIRU, SHIJO-DORI, SHIMOGYO-KU, KYOTO 600-8008 JAPAN|
|Account Name:||PREMA INC.|
|Account Address:||10-1, UZUMASAKUMIISHI-CHO, UKYO-KU, KYOTO, 616-8125, JAPAN|
- *Advance payment.
- *Customer is responsible for all bank charges.
- *Please make the payment in the same name as you made the order.
[ Credit Card / Paypal ]
All credit card payments are done through PayPal.
We can accept VISA, MASTER, JCB only.
What Is PayPal?
Paypal is a well-known online service allowing businesses and individuals to easily and securely send and receive money online. You can even send money without having your own PayPal account.
[ Cash on Delivery ] (Domestic order and shipping only)
You pay the total amount in cash to the person from the freight company. No commission required.
[ Payment Slip ] (Domestic order and shipping only)
You can pay with a Payment Slip at Convenience stores or Post offices. In fact, you can actually pay after delivery as we send your Payment Slip with your order products. Please note that, however, we might ask you to pay in advance if deemed necessary.
Convenience Stores where you can pay: (No commission required)
-Seven Eleven, -Lawson, -Family Mart - Circle K, - Thanks, -Mini Stop, -am/pm, -Save On, -Popula, -Three F, - HOT SPAR, -COCO Store - Comunity Store, -Daily Yamazaki and so on.
Full list of available Convenience Stores (Japanese only)
Our stock situation is changing each and every second.
There is always a possibility that a product becomes out of stock before we have time to update the stock situation in our database and website. Even though you can go through with your order at first, the products might still be sold out. We appreciate your understanding.
Important notes on Customs and Delivery
[ Custom Duty/Custom Clearance ]
Please note that all custom duties and/or custom clearance fees for the shipment shall be paid by the customer. Also please note that some products may not be able to pass through customs because of different laws in effect in each country (In fact, this has never actually happened). We do not take any responsibility for merchandise confiscated by customs/quarantine authorities in your respective country. Please be aware of this when placing your order. You are considered to have accepted this when you place an order.
[ Disclaimer for Overseas Delivery ]
(Be sure to read the entire text carefully)
Any of the following costs for overseas orders will not be borne by Macrobiotic Asia/Prema Inc. When you make your order, you are considered to have agreed to this disclaimer.
- Import duty charged by destination customs/custom clearance authority, and other safety inspection fees shall be 100% borne by the customer.
- We take no responsibility for damage caused during transportation. Damaged products and the corresponding freight shall be 100% borne by the customer. Especially for snacks, which may be broken in pieces.
Please note: The damage can be covered by the transport insurance policy within the policy specific range. If you want a higher insurance amount please let us know in the “Questions & Inquiries” field when your order. Additional insurance will not be applied if no request is made.
- All the products that Macrobiotic Asia/Prema Inc. sell are produced for the Japanese market, and all guarantees are only valid in Japan.
- Repair fee/shipping/product cost shall be 100% borne by the the customer in the following cases:
- The spray part of a deodorant spray breaks 3 weeks or more after purchase.
- Soy sauce had flooded out of the bottle when it arrived at the destination. This is caused by the soy sauce fermenting from the vibration and the pressure change during transport.
- Brown rice has gotten moldy when shipped to a hot and humid region.
[ Return/Exchange ]
Sorry, all the items are NOT refundable/exchangeable.